Cobra 2 B3 2-up CTP System
Cobra 2 is a manual load-unload CtP engine designed specifically for the B3/2-up commercial print market. It exposes violet metal plates at high resolution, using high precision internal drum imaging optics and a 120mW laser diode.
The plate is placed directly into the drum by the operator and is located in the registration system. Vacuum is then applied to hold the plate in perfect register while it is imaged at a resolution of 2540dpi (100 dpmm) at a speed of 6mm per second. A B3/2-up plate takes only one and a half minutes to image, regardless of content.
The Cobra CtP solution includes a high-spec workstation running HighWater’s innovative output console providing all the tools needed to manage your plate imaging. Supplied either stand-alone for use with your existing or third-party RIP or workflow or with the advanced StudioRIP, Cobra 2 is an open system that can accept 1-bit TIFF files from any source. Software options available include full workflow, imposition,
trapping, hybrid screening and proofing.
A new simple Java-based user interface for ‘point and click’ plate production has been specifically designed for the Cobra 2. With ‘at a glance’ multiple views, a home view showing previews and status of current jobs, overviews of all queues and completed plates, it is a powerful and highly effective tool in the plate production process.
The benefits of using Cobra 2 in your workflow are compelling. Its quality and speed of output let you produce plates to meet the ever increasing demands of today’s printer. Cobra’s simple, effective design complete with remote diagnostics, ensures an extremely high level of reliability with minimum downtime. This will put you ahead of your competition in the quest to satisfy your customers’ high expectations.
Combining all these benefits with low cost of ownership, Cobra 2 provides affordable metal plate production with an excellent price/performance figure. HighWater’s Barcode Plate Requeue is included as standard, a unique identification mark is applied to every plate, users can then easily remake plates by simply scanning the barcode. Additional options such as workflow, CIP3/4 ink-key setting and a range of proofing systems help to ensure an investment geared for long-term success.
- Laser type Violet 120 mW laser diode (405 nm)
- Drum Internal aluminium alloy with hard anodised finish
- Max plate 550 (register edge) x 627 mm, 0.3 mm thick (21.6” x 24.6” x 0.012”)
- Min plate 300 (register edge) x 380 mm, 0.15 mm thick (13.2” x 15.8” x 0.006”)
- Grip edge 12 mm (0.47”) minimum at front edge of plate
- Image area 550 x 612 mm (21.6” x 24.0”) maximum
- Spot size 10 microns
- Resolution 2540 dpi
- Repeatability ± 5 microns image to image; ± 25 microns plate to plate
- Imaging speed 6 mm per second, using 36,000 rpm single-facet spinner
- Throughput Up to 30 plates per hour B3/2-up
- Plate handling Manual load and unload
- Plate types Violet sensitive aluminium plates - Silver and Photopolymer including reduced chemistry plates (Yellow safe light required for plate handling)
- Registration Double-sided registration bar with 2 factory configurable systems per machine:
- 220mm ‘Bacher’ press notch registration
- 425mm ‘Bacher’ press notch registration
- 3-pin Corner registration
- Approvals CE certification: EN61000 EMC including FCC CFR47, EN60950 LVD, EN60825 Laser
- Dimensions 1200 x 1560 x 720 mm (w x h x d) - 47” x 61” x 28.4”
- Weight 225 kg (engine and front-end PC), 330 kg (in single crate)
- Operating Environment +15oC to +25oC, 20% to 60% relative humidity (non-condensing)
- Platform High spec external Windows PC
- File formats Images 1-bit TIFF bitmap files, compressed formats CCITT Group 4, LZW and PackBits.
- Engine control and plate management software
- Remote diagnostics as standard
- Job Archival Writeable CD ROM