Python B2 4 up Violet CTP System
Python is a B2/4-up semi-automatic CtP system which uses a high precision internal drum and violet laser technology – a combination proven to give the most reliable and consistently accurate imaging on metal plate. Python’s superb imaging quality is achieved using a powerful 120mW violet laser diode. Its precise optical system is capable of imaging with screens at over 200 lpi, giving excellent results on plate and press.
Python’s high speed spinner is designed for fast imaging. Combined with easy plate handling, Python can output up to 20 B2 plates per hour, including plate loading and unloading time. Python can also optionally be configured to automatically unload plates into a plate processor for semiautomated production.
Python, designed for the 2- and 4-up market, is supplied as either a manual load-unload or semi-automatic unload CtP engine. The plate is positioned on the table against the 3-pin, touch sensitive register system. The plate is clamped automatically and transferred to the high precision internal drum. The plate is retained in the clamp, in perfect register, while it is imaged at a resolution of 2540 dpi, at 6 mm per second. A B2/4 up plate is imaged in two minutes.
The Python system includes a high-spec workstation a full complement of software applications that enable rapid processing and output of jobs to plate. Using HighWater’s Barcode Plate Requeue software, which adds a unique plate identification mark to each plate, users can easily retrieve jobs for re-output by simply scanning the barcode. Data integrity is guaranteed when HighWater’s optional PixelProof software – this RIP Once Output Many (ROOM) proofing solution utilises the actual high resolution plate separations to create colour managed proof output on a wide range of inkjets, laser printers and colour copiers, before outputting to plate on the Python.
The benefits of using Python in your workflow are compelling. Its quality and speed of output let you produce plates to meet the ever increasing demands of today’s printers. Combining all these benefits with low cost of ownership, Python provides affordable metal plate production with an excellent price/performance ratio. Additional features such as CIP3 ink-key setting and ROOM proofing help to ensure an investment for long-term success.
- Laser type Violet 120 mW laser diode (405 nm)
- Drum Internal aluminium alloy with hard anodised finish
- Max plate 745 (register edge) x 615 mm, 0.3 mm thick (29.4” x 24.2” x 0.012”) (XL Option 29.9” x 25”)
- Min plate 335 (register edge) x 400 mm, 0.15 mm thick (13.2” x 15.8” x 0.006”)
- Grip edge 15 mm (.59”) minimum at front edge of plate
- Image area 745 x 600 mm (29.4” x 23.6”) maximum
- Spot size 10 microns
- Resolution 2540 dpi
- Repeatability ± 5 microns image to image; ± 25 microns plate to plate
- Imaging speed 6 mm per second, using 36,000 rpm single-facet spinner
- Throughput Up to 20 plates per hour B2/4-up; Up to 25 plates per hour B3/2-up
- Plate handling Manual load and unload or Manual load and automatic unload model
- Plate types Violet sensitive aluminium plates - Silver and Photopolymer including low chemistry
- Yellow safe light required for plate handling
- Registration 3-pin touch sensitive registration with automatic clamp
- Approvals CE certification: EN61000 EMC including FCC CFR47, EN60950 LVD, EN60825 Laser
- Dimensions 1410 x 1225 x 940 mm (w x h x d) - 4’8” x 4’ x 3’
- Weight 300 kg (engine and front-end PC), 410 kg (in single crate)
- Operating Environment +15oC to +25oC, 20% to 60% relative humidity (non-condensing)
- Platform High spec internal Windows PC
- File formats Images 1-bit TIFF bitmap files, compressed formats CCITT Group 4, LZW and PackBits.
- Engine control and plate management software
- Remote diagnostics as standard
- Job Archival Writeable CD ROM